How To Get A UK Visa in NigeriaApril 5, 2022 2022-04-05 14:28
How To Get A UK Visa in Nigeria
A lot of people visit the United Kingdom every year because of different motives. It may be for research, to study, for work or just to visit friends and loved ones. Although citizens from several European countries will be able to enter the United Kingdom visa-free but the rest of the world may require a visa in order for travel to the United Kingdom.
The UK visa allows you to enter the country regardless of whether you travel by land, air, or by sea. The visa is proof that you’ve met the required requirements to obtain the visa you’re trying to apply for.
Nigerian passport holders need the visa for travel into the United Kingdom. If you are traveling for educational reasons, tourism or business purposes, or even to live and work in the United Kingdom.
It is possible to apply for a visa in the UK in Nigeria. UK processing of a visa could take up to 30 days. The most recent time to apply is three months prior to the date you apply. This article is a comprehensive guide to assist you in making the UK immigration application much simpler.
Table of Content
- Types of Visas
- How to Apply for a UK Visa In Nigeria In 2022
- UK Visa Fees; How Much Does It Cost To Apply For A UK Visa
- Where to Apply For A UK Visa In Nigeria
- UK Visa Processing
- Watch How To Get A UK Visa In Nigeria
Types of Visas
- Visitor Visa: For stays of no more than six months or in transit
- Work Visa: For paid or voluntary work, investor and entrepreneur visits
- Study Visa: Study visas for short-term duration and visas for courses of longer duration degree and independent schools.
Find out more information about the different UK Visa types by visiting the GOV.UK website.
How to Apply for a UK Visa In Nigeria In 2022
How to apply to get your UK Visa from Nigeria is a straight forward procedure. All you need to is to follow the following steps:
Create a user account on the GOV.UK website. You’ll also be able to determine the type of visa you’ll need for your travels through the website.
You must fill out the application form and pay the visa fee and schedule an appointment at the visa application center. In return, you will get an email to confirm the time of your appointment as well as the documents you’ll need bring along.
Additionally, you will be provided with an GWF number, which you’ll require for following steps.
Sign up your details through TLScontact. TLScontact website. If you do not register you won’t be permitted to attend your appointment. You can monitor your registration through the TLScontact website once you’ve signed up.
You must attend your appointment and then provide your biometrics to the UK visa application center. To avoid delays in the application process, go along the following documents:
- The original passport
- Print copies of your online application and appointment confirmation
- Acceptance of the payment of visa fees
- All the documents required as described in the previous paragraphs.
- Supporting documents
IMPORTANT: The visa fee is no longer refundable once you’ve provided your biometrics. Also, you must make sure that you’re not late to your appointment. If you’re late your application will be delayed since you’ll be required to reschedule your appointment.
Then wait while your Visa application is processed. You’ll be able to monitor your visa application on TLScontact website.
Pick up your passport at the designated Visa Application Centre. You will be notified once it is available for collection.
According to TLScontact, “Children under 5 years old must visit in the Visa Application Centre in order to get their photograph taken at the center. It is important to note that minors aren’t allowed to apply on their own and must be with a parent or the legal guardian.”
UK Visa Fees; How Much Does It Cost To Apply For A UK Visa
UK STANDARD VISITOR VISA FEES IN NIGERIA 2022
Starting on the 11th of October 2021 UK visa charges for citizens of Nigeria for six months as a tourist or visitor will be US$133 (N54,530) that is often referred to as the price for England as well as London visa.
Regular travelers to Nigeria to UK may apply for a long-term visit visa to visit relatives, and for permitted business purposes. The UK visa costs in Nigeria for long-term 2, 5 and 10 year tourist or visitor visa applications include $504 US (N206,640) (N206,640), US$914 (N374,740) or US$1,148 (N470,680) and US$1,148 (N470,680).
UK visa costs for Nigeria 2021 for 6 months, 2 5 and 10 years child visitors cost USD 133 (N54,530), (N206,640) US$914 (N374,740) in addition to US$1,148 (N470,680) for each.
The UK processing time for visitor visas from Nigeria is typically within 3 weeks. The UK priority processing time for visitors from Nigeria typically takes 5 working days.
UK PRIORITY TOURIST VISA FEES IN NIGERIA 2021
For quick tracking of UK tourist and visit visas from Nigeria within five work days. The price for priority services is USD307 (N125,870).
Thus it is the UK priority visa costs 2021 , in Nigerian Naira for six months, 2 and 5 and 10 year tourist or visitor visas are US$440 (N180,400) (N180,400), US$811 (N332,510) US$1,221 (N500,610) or US$1,455 (N596,550) and US$1,455 (N596,550).
UK SUPER PRIORITY VISIT VISA FEES IN NIGERIA 2021
The price for UK super priority services within Nigeria will be $1,335 (N547,350) for a tourist or visitor visas. In other words, UK super-priority 6 months 2, 5, and 10 years tourist or visitor visa costs from Nigeria in 2021 will be US$1,468 (N601,880) $1,839 (N753,990) and US$2,249 (N922,090) and $2,483 (N1,018,030) according to.
MARRIAGE VISITOR VISA Fees
A Nigerian must submit a request for marriage visa when they travel to the UK to get married or creating a civil partnership or announcing a wedding or civil partnership. The UK marriage visitor visa charges for 2021 dollars in Nigerian Naira amount to USD 133 (N54,530). A Nigerian can remain in the UK for up to 180 days under a marriage visa.
The UK wedding visitor visa processing time for visitors from Nigeria is typically fifteen working days.
PRIVATE MEDICAL TREATMENT VISITOR VISA UK Fees
A Nigerian must submit a request for medical visit visa when they travel to the UK for private medical treatment and/or examinations for more than six months, but not more than 11 consecutive months. There are fees for UK Private Medical Visitor Visa fees from Nigeria in 2021 will be $265 USD (N108,650). A Nigerian is able to stay in the UK for up to 11 months with a private medical visa.
UK Visa Requirements
- A valid passport for international travel with an empty page on both sides
- The visa application form must be completed (this can be filled out online)
- One passport photo that satisfies the specifications
- Visa fee
- Evidence of financials (e.g. an original bank statement not more than 3 months old)
- Confirmation of bookings for accommodation and flights
- An invitation letter in the event that you are sponsored by a relative or friend member
- Original marriage certificate, if you’re traveling with your spouse
- Birth certificates to your kids, if you’re traveling together
- Recent utility bills
- If you are travelling for business you will need to include: a letter of invitation/confirmation of training/confirmation of conference; and full details for an authorised representative from your company and their contact details.
Where to Apply For A UK Visa In Nigeria
UK Visa Application Centres In Nigeria:
- UK Visa Application Centre in Victoria Island, Lagos. First Floor, Churchgate Building, Tower 2, Churchgate Street, Victoria Island, Lagos. Website: TLScontact Victoria Island, Lagos.
- UK Visa Application Centre in Ikeja, Lagos. Ground & First Floors, Etiebets Place, 21 Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way. Website: TLScontact Lagos
- UK Visa Application Centre, Abuja. Third floor 3rd floor Building (beside Metro Plaza), Plot 1129,Zakariya Maimalari Street, Central Business District. Website: TLScontact Abuja
- British Deputy High Commission, Lagos. 11 Walter Carrington Crescent, British High Commission, Abuja. Plot 1137, Diplomatic Drive, Central Business District
UK Visa Processing
The processing of UK visa applications may take between four and six days. But, certain visa applications may take as long as 30 days when documents are not in order or they require special attention due to criminal activity or past history of rejection.
UK Visa Collection
You can get the visa and passport from Monday through the Friday (except days off for public holidays).
You will be notified by SMS that your request has been submitted by the UK Embassy on the day of submission in addition to being informed when your passport has arrived in the UK visa center and is available for collection.
Take a copy of your application forms and a copy of your photo ID, and a copy the biodata page of your passport.
NOTE: A third party cannot take your application on your behalf, unless the case that you are a representative of the government or a parent collecting on behalf of their child or collecting for your entire family if you all applied.
What Can I Do If My UK Visa Application Was Rejected?
The most frequent motives for UK visas being refused are:
- Submitting false documents
- The applicant has been issued an order to deport the applicant
- A person was found to be guilty of a felony that requires up to four years prison time
- Refusing to provide documentation for the criminal history
- Insufficient funds
- Staying longer than a previous trip to the UK
- Inputting fraudulent documents in the past on a trip to the UK
- Not meeting all conditions of the application
- Invalid passport or travel documents
- A valid reason not travel to UK
A visa application is recommended when you are uncertain about the procedure or the requirements. The cost is higher, but it will provide confidence that everything is right.
Watch How To Get A UK Visa In Nigeria
Originally posted 2022-01-22 15:03:21.