OPay Review 2022: The Best Guide To Everything You Need To Know.September 30, 2022 2022-09-20 10:01
OPay Review 2022: The Best Guide To Everything You Need To Know.
OPay Review 2022: The Best Guide To Everything You Need To Know.
Paying for some convenient services can help make your life easier. The only thing that stops you is when you are uncertain if a company is worth trusting with your financial data. It makes it hard to get started.
This OPAY Review 2022 guide gives you the complete picture of what OPAY is, how it works, and everything else you need to know before using this platform.
It has a chain of services that supports you in making payments. If you need to subscribe or buy airtime, you can easily use OPay to recharge your phone without leaving your house to buy.
To use OPay to make payments, you will need to fund your e-wallet. After funding, you can now use all of the OPay features.
Table of Content
- Opay Review
- What is OPay?
- Features of the OPay App
- How do I Open An OPay Account?
- What is KYC?
- OPay Agent Requirements
- How To Become An OPay Agent
- Benefits Of An OPay Agent
- Frequently Asked Questions
This article reviewed OPay, including its features and other additional information.
What is OPay?
OPay is an online payment platform that offers mobile and web money services in Africa.
The Opera Mini company founded the payment wallet, OPay. The Opera browser is prevalent in Africa and the second most used browser after Google Chrome.
If you’re curious where the OPay name came from, the term OPay was coined from Opera Payment.
OPay, founded in 2018, has grown to become very popular, first among Lagosians and now in most major cities such as Aba, Kano, Enugu, and Ibadan.
The portal allows its users to pay for goods and services and shop through their web or mobile browser.
OPay offers essential services such as paying for utility services like cable subscriptions and electricity and buying mobile data.
But now, they’ve added other features to their services. Several investors have already taken part in the founding of OPay, and they have been generating a large amount of profit from the service.
Features of the OPay App
The OPay mobile app is your go-to shop for all Opera services. Here are things you can do on OPay:
1. Buy data:
You can purchase a data plan for your smartphone. This service presently supports Glo, 9Mobile, MTN, and Airtel.
2. Buy airtime:
You can buy airtime for your smartphone and also for a third party using any of the networks (MTN, 9Mbile, Airtel, and Glo).
3. Pay electricity bill:
You can now pay your electricity bills on OPay. Many electricity distribution companies are supported, including Abuja, Kano, Port Harcourt, Eko, Ibadan, and Ikeja.
4. TV subscription:
You can subscribe to Terrestrial and Satellite Pay-TV services like GOTV, DSTV, and Startimes.
5. Order for food delivery:
Another feature on OPay is the OFood that allows you to place orders of foods from local restaurants around you.
6. Hail a ride:
OPay offers several hailing services. You have OCar for calling cars (just like Uber), ORide for calling bikes, OBus for calling buses, and OTrike for calling tricycles.
7. Pay with QR:
This is a new feature that will allow you to conveniently pay for goods and services at physical shops and brick-and-mortar stores.
Vendors that have support for OPay QR would have a sign proving that. After shopping, scan the QR code on the payment page to pay for the goods you bought.
8. Transfer money:
You can use the OPay app to transfer money to any Nigerian bank or other OPay users.
9. Get a quick loan:
With the Kash feature on OPay, you can get a quick short-term loan to solve any financial issue.
10. Receive money with QR:
As an eBay user, you can scan your QR code to receive money from loved ones or anyone.
11. Fund your betting account:
Also, you can use the OPay app to fund your betting account. The sports betting services presently supported on OPay are Nairabet, Supabets, Bet9ja, and Cloudbet.
Another feature on the OPay app is OWealth. This offers a 10% annual rate on investments.
13. Build an online presence:
With the OLeads feature on OPay, you can build a website in minutes. It is a straightforward, quick, and affordable way to build an online presence for your brand.
14. List your products and services:
Olist is a classified ads site that allows you to promote ads about your brand.
Additional benefits of using the OPay app are:
- Limitless airtime bargain
- Zero charges on wallet pinnacle-up
- Zero charges on electricity
- Zero charges on cable subscription
- #10 on bank transfer to any bank
- And 0.70% transaction fee on OPay POS
How do I Open An OPay Account?
If you want to enjoy using OPay, it will be best to download the OPay app available on the Google Play Store and Apple store.
After downloading the app, obey the instructions that allow you to sign up to OPay and upgrade your KYC level.
What is KYC?
KYC means Know Your Customer. It is a process used by OPay to identify you with a few supplied facts to grant you access to exclusive levels of transactions on the app.
This was required by the Central Bank of Nigeria a few years back. And there are four KYC ranges on the OPay app:
- KYC level 1 – This restricts the stability limit to #50,000
- KYC level 2 – #200,000 to #500,000
- KYC level 3 – #5,000,000
- Agent – #20,000,000 to unlimited
To upgrade your account to a higher KYC level, you will need to login into your OPay app, click on your account statistics, and select the “upgrade to agent” button to be an OPay agent.
This is the same step you will follow to upgrade to any desired KYC level, provide the necessary information and submit your request.
Note that the upgrade request to KYC level 3 or Agent may take up to 48 hours, that is, two working days to be accepted.
OPay Agent Requirements
To become an OPay agent, the following things will be required from you:
- It would help if you were English literate. You must know how to read, write, and communicate fluently.
- Provide the following attachments: utility bill, Corporate Affairs Commission documents, passport photograph, means of identification (optional)
- A small or medium-sized shop will be required to be used as your customer base contact point
- It would be best if you had a fully functional smartphone and an active internet connection.
- Customer relation skills will be an added advantage.
How To Become An OPay Agent
In this section, we will explain how to become an OPay agent. You can become one by following the step-by-step guide as seen below;
- Download the OPay app on your smartphone.
- Use your active phone number to complete the sign-in process
- Send a chat to the support team to request your registration form
- Fill out the form correctly and provide the following documents: passport photograph, CAC documents, utility bill, and means of identification (all these are optional)
- Lastly, complete the process and begin your transactions.
- You are now an OPay agent.
Benefits Of An OPay Agent
Everyone as an OPay agent requires financial freedom. You will have the following benefits:
- As an OPay agent, you will be given a free POS you do not have to pay for.
- You will enjoy a fast response from the customer service center
- You will also enjoy immediate cash withdrawal and settlement from your OPay wallet
- You will not be required to pay any fees to sign up
- You will enjoy zero charges for all your transactions like airtime recharge, cash transfer, electricity bill, cable TV subscription, and cash withdrawal.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I have more than one account on OPay?
Of course! You can have more than one account on OPay. Though because OPay bills are tied to an email address or phone number, you will need to register a new phone number and a valid email to your new account to enjoy the full advantages of the platform.
2. Is OPay Secure?
This is an important question everyone would like to have an answer to.
The OPay platform has a robust and tested infrastructure to keep users’ funds safe and secure at all times, and no funds can be moved without confidential information such as OTP or passwords on the platform.
3. Does OPay pay well?
From the data collated by 35 employees from OPay, the average salary for OPay is #89,832.
For roles which include; customer support executive, customer care adviser, engineer, customer service officer, business developer, digital marketer, etc.
Several payment portals have been launched over the years in Nigeria to tackle the problem of payments, and the one that is genuinely solving that issue is OPay.
The OPay app by Opera has helped Nigerians to pay for services and even put smiles on users’ faces by making them agents earn some money.
We hope you found this article helpful!
Originally posted 2022-02-16 16:49:14.