5 BEST WAYS TO MAKE MONEY ON YOUTUBE IN NIGERIAFebruary 28, 2022 2022-02-28 13:49
5 BEST WAYS TO MAKE MONEY ON YOUTUBE IN NIGERIA
5 BEST WAYS TO MAKE MONEY ON YOUTUBE IN NIGERIA
The best way to make money on Youtube is all the ways. What do I mean?
Youtube is a platform with a massive audience of over one billion unique users every month, and many creators are making money by using the Youtube Partner Program.
With every 1000 views, creators will get an approximate $2-$4. This might seem small, but if you consider making 100 videos and they have 5000 views each, that would already amount to $1000 – $2000.
And that’s a good enough amount of money.
But this is not the only way, or to be sincere, the best way to monetize your Youtube channel.
Read on, as this article explains some other ways to make money with your Youtube channel, along with a step-by-step guide.
Table of Content
- Best Ways to Make Money on Youtube
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Watch 5 Easy Steps To Make Money On Youtube
Best Ways to Make Money on Youtube
Make Money on Youtube through Sponsorship:
It’s not surprising that this is a popular way YouTubers make money. Being an influencer is not limited to Instagram alone.
The benefit of the #sponcon technique is that you don’t need to give Youtube a cut of your money. You negotiate and get paid directly by the brand.
Most brands will be ready to hear from you if you have a large and engaged audience to offer them – plus valuable content relevant to their target market.
For example, Youtuber Mark Angel, a.k.a Mark Angel Comedy, is prominent in comedy. He’s so big that numerous brands partner with him to reach a wider audience.
To be eligible for a sponsorship, you will need to provide a detailed proposal of things you’re willing to offer. Make sure you properly understand your audience and the brand you want to form a partnership with.
An advantage of this way of making money on Youtube is that the amount of money you will acquire from sponsorships is higher than Youtube ad revenue.
So, to get brand deals and become a Youtube influencer, you will need to keep making noise about your services so you can be discovered.
Steps to landing a brand deal or sponsorship:
- Search for brands and campaigns that fit your audience.
- Prepare a proposal and pitch your creative ideas to the brand within their reach (like 30-60 shoutouts, product review, etc.)
- Make a deal
- If accepted, create content and seek approval from the brand
- Get paid
Make Money by Joining Youtube Partner Program:
You don’t necessarily need to partner with Youtube to start making money. Google Adsense places the ads in your videos and pays you for them. Just set up an Adwords account and get enough views for your videos.
However, by joining the Youtube Partner Program, you can access its unique features. Being a Youtube Partner gives you multiple ways of making money: video ads and channel memberships, Youtube Premium subscription fees, and the merchandise shelf.
Steps to make money on Youtube Partner Program
- Create a Youtube channel:
There is a handy guide to help you achieve this. It’s titled “How to create a Youtube channel.”
- Grow your channel to meet the requirements of the Youtube Partner Program:
To join the Youtube Partner program, you need at least 1,000 subscribers on your channel, with a minimum of 4,000 watch hours in the past 12 months.
Here are some hacks on how to get more views on your valuable Youtube videos.
- Set up your Adsense account:
This is easy. Follow Youtube’s official guide to Adsense accounts.
- Check out your new monetization features:
There is a different eligibility requirement for each monetization channel. For example:
- Ad revenue: to earn from ads, you must be at least 18 years old and create advertiser-friendly content. Youtube advertisers will feel at ease running ads on your videos if they are less controversial, and this equals more money for you.
- Youtube Premium revenue: when a Youtube premium member watches any of your videos, you automatically get a cut of their subscription fee.
- Channel memberships: You need to be at least 18 years old and have above 30,000 subscribers to enjoy this feature. Then you can start selling memberships to your loyal subscribers (that is, your fans decide to pay you an extra fee).
- Merchandise shelf: to gain access to selling merch from Youtube’s merchandise shelf, you need to have a minimum of 10,000 subscribers and be at least 18 years old.
- Super Chat payments: This feature is location-specific, and you need to be at least 18 years old. This feature will make your fans pay to highlight their messages in your live chats during a live stream.
Become an affiliate partner on Youtube:
Affiliate marketing means selling other people’s products in exchange for a cut or commission. If you have a loyal and engaging Youtube audience but not many subscribers yet, search for brands that invest in affiliate marketing.
Several companies are ready to offer attractive deals to affiliate marketers who help promote their products, including big brands like eBay and Amazon.
When you affiliate for any business, you can tell your viewers to visit a company’s specific product page or online store. You get a percentage when they make a sale through your affiliate link.
So, rather than relying solely on static blogs to lead people to your affiliate links, you can create a lively Youtube channel and use it as a primary magnet to drive traffic and make more money.
Setting up an affiliate partnership is similar to getting sponsorship deals. You can refer back to tip #1 to get started.
Top 5 affiliate marketing programs in Nigeria:
- Amazon Affiliate Program
- Bet9ja Affiliate Program
- Jumia Affiliate Program
- Aliexpress Affiliate Program
- Konga Affiliate Program
To earn as an affiliate marketer on Youtube, create tutorials on “how to use this product,” or review affiliate products. However, remember to put your affiliate link in your description box to get your credit for sales.
Sell your Products or Service:
If you want to have complete control and 100% of the revenue coming in through your Youtube channel, you need to know what your audience needs and sell it to them.
For example, let’s say you have hair growth oil that you sell for $150. If you can convert one viewer in every 1000 views to a customer for your hair growth oil, you’ll have made $0.15 per view – and this is 50 times more than what you would make with Youtube ads.
You can also make more money by selling your products on popular e-commerce platforms like Shopify, Amazon, Konga, or Jumia. You will be given an online store to market your products on these platforms.
By linking or mentioning your products in your Youtube videos, you can direct customers to your e-commerce store on any of the platforms and make some additional money.
- Make Money through Crowdfunding:
It is now a common thing to solicit donations online. So whether you’re looking to fund a personal, channel-related project or looking to build ongoing revenue from a pool of small monthly contributions, crowdfunding is another way to make money on Youtube.
Steps to Utilize Crowdfunding on Youtube
Create a crowdfunding account:
Promote your crowdfunding campaigns in your videos:
Share your clear goals with your audience, so they know what to expect when you’ve succeeded.
Also, offer something enticing to your fans as they decide how much they wish to donate.
You can check out this detailed guide to crowdfunding strategies for more inspiration and information.
Go beyond Youtube:
To have a successful campaign, you will need to optimize multiple platforms. Here is some advice on promoting your Youtube channel (and your crowdfunding campaign) on other media.
Amazingly, there are more ways to make tons of money on Youtube in Nigeria today; we could only discuss the five best methods in this article but, you can learn more from this list of additional resources.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do Nigerian Youtubers make money?
- Create your Youtube account and build your audience/viewers
- Set up your Youtube channel for monetization
- Get paid through Google Adsense
- Attract brands to partner with your channel
- Make money from selling your products or service
- Make more money through funding from fans.
How much money do you make per 1000 views on Youtube in Nigeria?
A Nigerian Youtuber earns per 1000 views is an average CPM (cost per mile) of $0.05. So, to make $100, you will need at least 2,000,000 views.
Who is the highest-paid Youtuber in Nigeria?
The #1 on the highest-paid Nigerian Youtubers is Mark Angel Comedy. His Youtube channel ranks first in Africa to hit 1 million subscribers. And presently, he is the most followed Youtuber in Nigeria, with 8 million subscribers.
How do you get 1000 subscribers on Youtube?
- Focus on your audience, not revenue
- Break your 1000-subscriber goal into smaller goals (100, 250, 500, etc.)
- Define your Unique Value Proposition on Youtube
- Pay attention to your Youtube content that converts
- Identify which videos attract the most subscribers
- Create an engaging trailer for your Youtube channel
How do I check my Youtube earnings?
- Sign in to Youtube Studio
- Select Analytics from the left menu
- Click on Revenue from the top menu
How much money can you earn on Youtube?
Success doesn’t happen overnight! It takes a lot of time, consistency, and hard work (bonus tip: luck). Youtube is an excellent way to make more money for your business; however, it isn’t an easy task.
To make money on Youtube in Nigeria, you’ll need to attract thousands of viewers to each video you create. To achieve this, you’ll need to gain audience trust for your channel by making quality and consistent content that informs, entertains, and engages.
Fortunately, you can combine different ways of making money on Youtube to boost your monthly revenue. This way, you don’t need to depend solely on advertising or be held back with the new Youtube advertiser policies.
However, ensure your audience finds your video content of high quality. If you have spare money, you can choose a good digital camera to help you achieve this rather than using your phone’s camera.